I know that email has done some great things for us as a society and that most of us simply can't live without it. But today it is driving me crazy. So in honor of my day, here is my...
"Top Ten List of Things I Miss About Life Before Email"
10. I used to do other things at work besides answer email.
9. I didn't live with the false hope of winning a lottery in Zambia.
8. I received actual birthday cards. (April 22 btw).
7. I didn't have more prayer requests than time to pray. (I know that sounded really unspiritual - its been a long day - please pray for me).
6. I was blissfully ignorant of my friends' crazy politics.
5. I had moments of delightful inaccessibility. (This is #1 on my "life before cell phones" list).
4. Students turned in their papers on paper. (I love red pens and coffee stains).
3. People had to memorize their jokes and tell them to me in person.
2. I said (or wrote) fewer dumb (or angry) things to people that I can't take back.
1. People at least had to pay $.42 to air their criticisms.
Feel free to add any of your thoughts to the list. Just don't email them to me :)